Abandoned Coastal Defenses of Alabama is a down-and-dirty guided tour through Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines, documentary evidence of a rich past slipping inexorably into ruin. For nearly two hundred years, these hauntingly beautiful Third System forts have stood stubbornly between the Yellowhammer State and a sometimes hostile world beyond. Threatened by a rising sea, disintegrating under the weight of centuries, Forts Morgan and Gaines have been named “one of the nation’s ten most endangered battle sites” by the American Battlefield Trust.
Here’s a preview of some of my favorite images from the book.
- Abandoned Coastal Defenses of Alabama book (Fulfilled by Amazon)
- Signed & personalized copy of Abandoned Coastal Defenses of Alabama – $25.00
Abandoned Florida: Sunshine Sentinels is a stunning visual survey of Florida’s historic coastal defenses – those sun-faded outposts of empire, crumbling now on shifting sands near the end of the beach. It is a guided tour in book form, perfect for these stay-close-to-home kind of times! Seven thrilling tales, supplemented by 140 original images reproduced at the highest quality, providing a view of the Sunshine State that rarely makes the postcard.
- Abandoned Florida: Sunshine Sentinels book (Fulfilled by Amazon)
- Signed & personalized copy of Abandoned Florida: Sunshine Sentinels – $25.00
Abandoned Washington DC – Get the whole picture with more than 350 never-before-seen full-color photos of DC in decay, accompanied by essays and stories of urban exploration in the nation’s capital. Glossy, heavyweight pages, suitable for any coffee table or bookshelf.
- Abandoned Washington DC book (Fulfilled by Amazon)
- Signed & personalized copy of Abandoned Washington DC – $26.00
All purchases come packaged with my humble gratitude – thank you for supporting my work as I document the unique history and ecology of Florida and the Gulf Coast!